Have you been blacklisted by ChexSystems? If so, you’re probably wondering how you can open a checking or savings account.
Having an account in ChexSystems can remain there up to five years. And unfortunately, about 80% of all banks and credit unions in the U.S. use ChexSystems.
However, there are some banks that don’t use ChexSystems. Plus, some “second chance” banks offer options to people who can’t get approved for a checking account elsewhere.
The reason you’re probably here is that you want to know, “does Frost Bank use ChexSystems?” Unfortunately, the answer is, yes, they do.
However, as we mentioned, you still have options. There are numerous banks and credit unions that don’t use ChexSystems. Below is a list of what we believe are the top 3 options. You will also find a list of other resources, including more options and a guide on how you can get out of ChexSystems.
Best Banks That Don’t Use ChexSystems
- No credit check or ChexSystems
- No minimum opening deposit or monthly service fee
- No overdraft fees
- Over 60,000+ fee-free1 ATMs
- Get paid up to 2 days early with direct deposit2
- Available in all 50 states
With Chime®, a bad credit score is no longer a deal-breaker. They offer an award-winning mobile bank account and debit card with no credit check.
There are no hidden fees. And by that, we mean no overdraft fees, no monthly maintenance charges, no foreign transaction fees, and no minimum balance fees—ever.
- No credit check or ChexSystems
- $100 bonus after 10 purchases in 60 days
- Over 16,000+ fee-free ATMs
- $4.95 monthly service fee
Chase is one of the most popular banks in the U.S. And now, they offer an account called Chase Secure Banking with no credit check, no ChexSystems, and no overdraft fees.
Account holders also get access to over 16,000 fee-free ATMs, free online bill pay, and free money orders and cashier’s checks. With 4,700 locations across the country, this is an excellent option for anyone who prefers having access to physical branches.
Opening a Chase Secure Banking account comes with a $100 cash bonus when you use the card for 10 purchases within 60 days. Account approval is immediate and you’ll receive your debit card within days. There is a small monthly service fee of $4.95; however, there is no minimum opening deposit to get started.
- Unlimited fee-free withdrawals at over 55,000 ATMs
- Minimum opening deposit is $10
- Deposits are FDIC insured up to $2 million
- Get paid up to two days early
With the Aspiration Spend & Save account, you can earn up to 5% APY, plus you get unlimited fee-free withdrawals at over 55,000 ATMs. The minimum opening deposit is $10. Deposits are FDIC insured and you can get paid up to two days early.
The Aspiration debit card is made from recycled plastic. Deposits are 100% fossil fuel-free. And they even give you the option to plant a tree with every card swipe.
1. Out-of-network ATM withdrawal fees may apply with Chime except at MoneyPass ATMs in a 7-Eleven, or any Allpoint or Visa Plus Alliance ATM.
2. Early access to direct deposit funds depends on the timing of the submission of the payment ﬁle from the payer. Chime generally make these funds available on the day the payment ﬁle is received, which may be up to 2 days earlier than the scheduled payment date.
Looking for more options? Check out the complete list here.