Have you been denied a checking account due to a negative banking history? If so, it’s important to understand your options and explore alternative banking solutions available to you.
An account in ChexSystems can remain active for up to five years. And unfortunately, about 80% of all banks and credit unions in the U.S. use ChexSystems.
However, there are some banks that don’t use ChexSystems. Additionally, some banks offer “second chance” accounts for people who have been denied elsewhere.
Tower Federal Credit Union
If you’re considering opening a Tower Federal checking account, you probably want to know, “does Tower Federal Credit Union use ChexSystems?”
The answer is, no, they don’t.
However, it’s worth noting that Tower Federal isn’t the only option available to you. Several other banks and credit unions also choose not to use ChexSystems. Here are three excellent alternatives to consider:
Best Banks That Don’t Use ChexSystems
- $400 sign-up bonus
- $25 minimum opening deposit
- Monthly service fee can be waived
- Over 40,000 fee-free ATMs
- $100 bonus after 10 purchases in 60 days
- No credit check or ChexSystems
- Over 16,000+ fee-free ATMs
- $4.95 monthly service fee
Chime is a financial technology company, not a bank. Banking services and debit card provided by The Bancorp Bank N.A. or Stride Bank, N.A.; Members FDIC. Credit Builder card issued by Stride Bank, N.A.
1. Out-of-network ATM withdrawal fees may apply with Chime except at MoneyPass ATMs in a 7-Eleven, or any Allpoint or Visa Plus Alliance ATM.
2. Early access to direct deposit funds depends on the timing of the submission of the payment ﬁle from the payer. Chime generally make these funds available on the day the payment ﬁle is received, which may be up to 2 days earlier than the scheduled payment date.
- Banks That Don’t Use ChexSystems – Take the first step to rebuilding your banking history with our list of banks that do not use ChexSystems for account approval.
- Credit Unions That Don’t Use ChexSystems – Find a credit union that will work with you, not against you. Learn about the credit unions that don’t use ChexSystems.
- Am I in ChexSystems? – Unsure if you’re in ChexSystems? Learn how to find out and take control of your financial status.
- How to Get Out of ChexSystems – Learn how to get out of ChexSystems in four simple steps.
- Second Chance Checking Accounts – Take control of your financial future with our list of over 250 banks that offer second chance checking accounts.