Who is Exeter Finance?
Exeter Finance, LLC is an auto finance company debt collection agency headquartered in Irving, Texas. They are a subprime auto loan provider to customers with bad credit that offers franchise dealership financing.
You may see Exeter Finance listed on your credit report as a collections account. This can happen if you’ve defaulted on a car loan or fallen behind on your monthly payment.
How can I remove Exeter Finance from my credit report?
Collections can hurt your credit score and remain on your credit report for up to seven years regardless of whether you pay it or not. Unfortunately, paying the collection could even lower your credit score.
However, it is possible to remove a collection account from your credit history before seven years.
(While debt collectors may not want this information to be widely known, it’s your right to be informed.)
Ready to Raise Your Credit Score?
Learn how credit repair professionals can assist you in disputing inaccuracies on your credit report.
Professional credit repair services work with people who want to get their credit back on track.
In addition to collections, they can help you to challenge other inaccurate, unfair, or unsubstantiated information on your credit report. These items include inquiries, late payments, charge-offs, foreclosures, repossessions, bankruptcies, and more.
Get started on the path to better credit today: Fill out the form for a free credit consultation.
Exeter Finance Corp Contact Information
2250 W John Carpenter Fwy #100
Irving, TX 75063
P.O. Box 166008
Irving, TX 75016
Phone number: (800) 321-9637
Should I contact or pay Exeter Finance?
It’s best to avoid speaking to a collection agency on the phone. And making payments on the debt will reset the clock. As a result, it could harm your credit rather than improve it. However, sometimes it’s better just to pay the collection account, especially if it’s new, and you’re certain that it’s legit.
The most effective way to deal with Exeter Finance is to work with a credit repair professional. They help remove millions of negative items every year from companies like Exeter Finance on behalf of their clients.
Will Exeter Finance sue me or garnish my wages?
Exeter Finance, similar to other finance companies, has the capacity to take legal action to recover unpaid debts. If they decide to sue and win the lawsuit, they may be granted a court judgment that could lead to wage garnishment as a way to recoup the debt. However, such drastic measures are often considered a final resort in the debt recovery process.
Exeter Finance Reviews & Complaints
Most collection agencies have numerous complaints filed against them with the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB) and the Better Business Bureau (BBB). Most consumer complaints are about inaccurate reporting, harassment, or failure to verify a debt. If a debt collector is harassing you, you may want to consider filing a complaint.
You have many consumer rights under the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA) and the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (FDCPA). These rights include the ability to dispute credit reporting errors and to be treated fairly and respectfully by debt collectors.
Your Rights When Dealing with Exeter Finance Corp
Debt collectors must abide by state and federal laws in the United States. For example, the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act prohibits a debt collector from using abusive, unfair, or deceptive practices. In addition, the FDCPA provides you with many rights to ensure that collection agencies don’t take advantage of you. In particular:
- It is a violation of federal law for Exeter Finance to report inaccurate or incomplete information about you.
- You have a legal right to request debt validation on an alleged debt. Send the collection agency a debt validation letter. By law, they have 30 days to prove to you that the debt is really yours and the total amount is accurate.
- Exeter Finance may not threaten or harass you, call you repeatedly, swear at you, or publicly publish a list of debtors.
- Exeter Finance must be honest about who they are and what they are attempting to do. They must notify you that they are a debt collection agency both orally and in writing.
- Exeter Finance cannot threaten to have you arrested or imprisoned over unpaid debts.
Remove Exeter Finance From Your Credit Report Today!
Credit Saint can assist you in disputing Exeter Finance collection accounts. With years of experience at their disposal, these professionals have a proven track record of effectively removing incorrect entries for countless clients.
If you’re tired of dealing with debt collectors and want to improve your credit, consider working with a trusted credit repair company.
Ready to Repair Your Credit?
Learn how to get help disputing errors on your credit report that could be hurting your credit score.
Here’s a list of some of the nation’s most popular debt collectors that cause damage to your credit.
- 11 Charter Communications
- Aargon Agency, Inc.
- Ad Astra Recovery Services
- Afni Collections
- Account Resolution Services
- CACH LLC
- Capio Partners
- Cavalry Portfolio Services
- Cavalry SPV I LLC
- CBE Group
- CCS Offices
- CMRE Financial Services
- Commonwealth Financial Systems
- Convergent Outsourcing
- Credence Resource Management
- Credit Collection Services
- Diversified Consultants
- Dynamic Recovery Solutions
- Enhanced Recovery Company
- EOS CCA
- GC Services
- Global Credit and Collection Corp
- Harris & Harris
- Healthcare Revenue Recovery Group
- Hunter Warfield
- IC System
- IQ Data International
- Jefferson Capital Systems
- LVNV Funding LLC
- McCarthy, Burgess & Wolff
- Midland Credit Management
- MiraMed Revenue Group
- MRS Associates
- MRS BPO LLC
- National Credit Systems
- Nationwide Recovery Service
- Northland Group
- Penn Credit
- Phoenix Financial Services
- PMAB LLC
- Portfolio Recovery Associates
- Reliant Capital Solutions
- Revenue Group
- Southwest Credit Systems
- Sprint Collections
- Transworld Systems
- USCB America
- Verizon Collections
- Wakefield and Associates