Have you been denied a checking account due to a negative banking history? If so, it’s important to understand your options and explore alternative banking solutions available to you.
An account in ChexSystems can remain active for up to five years. And unfortunately, about 80% of all banks and credit unions in the U.S. use ChexSystems.
However, there are some banks that don’t use ChexSystems. Additionally, some banks offer “second chance” accounts for people who have been denied elsewhere.
If you’re considering opening a Charles Schwab checking account, you probably want to know, “does Charles Schwab use ChexSystems?”
Unfortunately, the answer is, yes, they do.
However, you still have options. Several banks and credit unions do not base their decisions on ChexSystems. Take a look at these three excellent alternatives:
Best Banks That Don’t Use ChexSystems
- Up to $1,000 Bonus
- $25 minimum opening deposit
- Monthly service fee can be waived
- No ATM transaction fees at U.S. Bank ATMs and no surcharge fees at MoneyPass® Network ATMs
- Up to $250 sign-up bonus with direct deposit
- No minimum opening deposit
- Earn up to 4.50% APY
- Over 55,000 fee-free ATMs
- Early pay with direct deposit
Chime is a financial technology company, not a bank. Banking services and debit card provided by The Bancorp Bank N.A. or Stride Bank, N.A.; Members FDIC. Credit Builder card issued by Stride Bank, N.A.
1. Out-of-network ATM withdrawal fees may apply with Chime except at MoneyPass ATMs in a 7-Eleven, or any Allpoint or Visa Plus Alliance ATM.
2. Early access to direct deposit funds depends on the timing of the submission of the payment ﬁle from the payer. Chime generally make these funds available on the day the payment ﬁle is received, which may be up to 2 days earlier than the scheduled payment date.
- Banks That Don’t Use ChexSystems – Take the first step to rebuilding your banking history with our list of banks that do not use ChexSystems for account approval.
- Credit Unions That Don’t Use ChexSystems – Find a credit union that will work with you, not against you. Learn about the credit unions that don’t use ChexSystems.
- Am I in ChexSystems? – Unsure if you’re in ChexSystems? Learn how to find out and take control of your financial status.
- How to Get Out of ChexSystems – Learn how to get out of ChexSystems in four simple steps.
- Second Chance Checking Accounts – Take control of your financial future with our list of over 250 banks that offer second chance checking accounts.