Have you been turned down for a checking account due to a negative banking history? If so, it’s important to understand your options and explore alternative banking solutions that can accommodate your needs.
An account in ChexSystems can remain active for up to five years. And unfortunately, about 80% of all banks and credit unions in the U.S. use ChexSystems.
However, there are some banks that don’t use ChexSystems. Additionally, some banks offer “second chance” accounts for people who have been denied elsewhere.
If you’re considering opening a U.S. Bank checking account, you probably want to know, “does U.S. Bank use ChexSystems?”
The answer is, yes, they do for some accounts. However, U.S. Bank is known for being more lenient than most banks when it comes to records.
If you don’t have a history of fraud or owe any money to U.S. Bank, you may be able to open a checking account. You can read our full review of U.S. Bank Smartly here.
It’s also worth noting that U.S. Bank isn’t the only option out there. A number of other banks and credit unions also choose not to use ChexSystems. Here are a couple other excellent options to consider:
Best Banks That Don’t Use ChexSystems
- Up to $800 Bonus
- $25 minimum opening deposit
- Monthly service fee can be waived
- No ATM transaction fees at U.S. Bank ATMs and no surcharge fees at MoneyPass® Network ATMs
- Up to $250 sign-up bonus with direct deposit
- No minimum opening deposit
- Earn up to 4.60% APY
- Over 55,000 fee-free ATMs
- Early pay with direct deposit
Chime is a financial technology company, not a bank. Banking services and debit card provided by The Bancorp Bank N.A. or Stride Bank, N.A.; Members FDIC. Credit Builder card issued by Stride Bank, N.A.
1. Out-of-network ATM withdrawal fees may apply with Chime except at MoneyPass ATMs in a 7-Eleven, or any Allpoint or Visa Plus Alliance ATM.
2. Early access to direct deposit funds depends on the timing of the submission of the payment file from the payer. Chime generally make these funds available on the day the payment file is received, which may be up to 2 days earlier than the scheduled payment date.
- $100 bonus after 10 purchases in 60 days
- No credit check or ChexSystems
- Over 16,000+ fee-free ATMs
- $4.95 monthly service fee
- Banks That Don’t Use ChexSystems – Take the first step to rebuilding your banking history with our list of banks that do not use ChexSystems for account approval.
- Credit Unions That Don’t Use ChexSystems – Find a credit union that will work with you, not against you. Learn about the credit unions that don’t use ChexSystems.
- Am I in ChexSystems? – Unsure if you’re in ChexSystems? Learn how to find out and take control of your financial status.
- How to Get Out of ChexSystems – Learn how to get out of ChexSystems in four simple steps.
- Second Chance Checking Accounts – Take control of your financial future with our list of over 250 banks that offer second chance checking accounts.
Crediful is your go-to destination for all things related to personal finance. We're dedicated to helping you achieve financial freedom and make informed financial decisions. Our team of financial experts and enthusiasts brings you articles and resources on topics like budgeting, credit, saving, investing, and more.