Who is Credit Bureau Services of Iowa?
Credit Bureau Services of Iowa, Inc. (CBSI) is a debt collection agency located in Oskaloosa, Iowa.
You may see Credit Bureau Services of Iowa, Inc. listed on your credit report as a collections account. This can happen if you didn’t pay a bill.
Who does Credit Bureau Services of Iowa collect for?
Credit Bureau Services of Iowa collects debts for the following types of businesses:
- dental practices
- hospitals and medical clinics
- veterinary practices
Is Credit Bureau Services of Iowa legit or a scam?
Credit Bureau Services of Iowa, Inc. is a legitimate debt collection company. However, they may repeatedly spam call, text, or email you.
How can I remove Credit Bureau Services of Iowa from my credit report?
Collections can hurt your credit score and remain on your credit report for up to seven years regardless of whether you pay it or not. Unfortunately, paying the collection could even lower your credit score.
However, it is possible to remove a collection account from your credit history before seven years.
(While debt collectors may not want this information to be widely known, it’s your right to be informed.)
Lexington Law is a professional credit repair law firm that works with people who want to fix their credit.
In addition to collections, Lexington Law can work with you to challenge other inaccurate, unfair, or unsubstantiated information on your credit report. These items include inquiries, late payments, charge-offs, foreclosures, repossessions, bankruptcies, and more.
Call Lexington Law now to learn more: (800) 220-0084
Credit Bureau Services of Iowa, Inc. (CBSI) Contact Information
Credit Bureau Services of Iowa, Inc.
1306 S 7th St.
Oskaloosa, IA 52577
Phone number: (800) 383-0234
Should I contact or pay Credit Bureau Services of Iowa?
It’s best to avoid speaking to a debt collector on the phone. And making payments on the debt will reset the clock. As a result, it could harm your credit rather than improve it. However, sometimes it’s better just to pay the debt, especially if it’s new, and you’re certain that it’s legit.
The most effective way to deal with Credit Bureau Services of Iowa is to work with a credit repair professional. They help remove millions of negative items every year from companies like Credit Bureau Services of Iowa on behalf of their clients.
And they may be able to help you too.
Will Credit Bureau Services of Iowa sue me or garnish my wages?
It’s possible, but if you work with a law firm like Lexington Law, you have nothing to worry about. They aid you in disputing the collection account with credit bureaus, with the possibility of having it removed from your credit history. It’s also quite possible that you will never hear from or have to deal with Credit Bureau Services of Iowa again.
Call Lexington Law to learn how they can help you.
Some states allow wage garnishment, while others do not. If you are in a state that does not allow wage garnishment, it is illegal for a debt collector to threaten to garnish your wages.
It is also illegal for Credit Bureau Services of Iowa, Inc. to make any claims they cannot or will not follow through on. This includes threatening to sue you or foreclose on your home.
Credit Bureau Services of Iowa, Inc. Complaints
Most collection agencies have numerous complaints filed against them with the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB) and the Better Business Bureau (BBB). Most consumer complaints are about inaccurate reporting, harassment, or failure to verify a debt. If a debt collector is harassing you, you may want to consider filing a complaint.
You have many consumer rights under the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA) and the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (FDCPA). Lexington Law knows that you have rights, and Credit Bureau Services of Iowa, Inc. does too.
Your Rights When Dealing with Credit Bureau Services of Iowa, Inc.
Debt collectors must abide by state and federal laws in the United States. For example, the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act prohibits a debt collector from using abusive, unfair, or deceptive practices. In addition, the FDCPA provides you with many rights to ensure that collection agencies don’t take advantage of you. In particular:
- It is a violation of federal law for Credit Bureau Services of Iowa to report inaccurate or incomplete information on your credit report.
- You have a legal right to request debt validation on an alleged debt. Send the collection agency a debt validation letter. By law, they have 30 days to prove to you that the debt is really yours and the total amount is accurate.
- Credit Bureau Services of Iowa may not threaten or harass you, call you repeatedly, swear at you, or publicly publish a list of debtors.
- Credit Bureau Services of Iowa must be honest about who they are and what they are attempting to do. They must notify you that they are a debt collection agency both orally and in writing.
- Credit Bureau Services of Iowa cannot threaten to have you arrested or imprisoned over unpaid debts.
Remove Credit Bureau Services of Iowa From Your Credit Report Today!
Lexington Law can assist you in disputing Credit Bureau Services of Iowa collection accounts. They have over 18 years of experience and their clients saw over 6 million removals on their clients in 2021 alone.
If you’re looking for a reputable company to assist you with inaccurate collection accounts and repair your credit, consider working with Lexington Law.
They have helped many people in your situation. Give them a call at (800) 220-0084 for a free credit consultation to see what they can do for you.
Here’s a list of some of the nation’s most popular debt collectors that cause damage to your credit.
- 11 Charter Communications
- Aargon Agency, Inc.
- Ad Astra Recovery Services
- Afni Collections
- Account Resolution Services
- CACH LLC
- Capio Partners
- Cavalry Portfolio Services
- Cavalry SPV I LLC
- CBE Group
- CCS Offices
- CMRE Financial Services
- Commonwealth Financial Systems
- Convergent Outsourcing
- Credence Resource Management
- Credit Collection Services
- Diversified Consultants
- Dynamic Recovery Solutions
- Enhanced Recovery Company
- EOS CCA
- GC Services
- Global Credit and Collection Corp
- Global Crossing Local Services
- Harris & Harris
- Healthcare Revenue Recovery Group
- Hunter Warfield
- IC System
- IQ Data International
- Jefferson Capital Systems
- LVNV Funding LLC
- McCarthy, Burgess & Wolff
- Midland Credit Management
- MiraMed Revenue Group
- MRS Associates
- MRS BPO LLC
- National Credit Systems
- Nationwide Recovery Service
- Northland Group
- Penn Credit
- Phoenix Financial Services
- PMAB LLC
- Portfolio Recovery Associates
- Reliant Capital Solutions
- Revenue Group
- Southwest Credit Systems
- Sprint Collections
- Transworld Systems
- USCB America
- Verizon Collections
- Wakefield and Associates