- Free Credit Evaluation Including Credit Score
- For 19 Years
- 50% Discount for Couples, Family, Household, & Active Military
- Starting at $99.95
- Cancel at Anytime
When it comes to credit repair agencies, Lexington Law stands out as one of the most well-known names, often coming up in conversations about improving credit scores and rectifying credit reports.
With years of experience under their belt and a reputation that precedes them, they’ve become a go-to for many seeking credit-related assistance. But like any service, it’s crucial to peel back the layers and examine the details.
In this review, we’ll explore the offerings of Lexington Law, scrutinize their effectiveness, and weigh their pros and cons to help you decide if they are the right fit for your credit repair journey.
Lexington Law Firm Review
Lexington Law Firm is one of the most popular credit repair companies and trusted leaders in the credit repair industry. The nation’s largest credit repair law firm focuses on helping consumers challenge inaccurate negative information on their credit reports.
Lexington Law’s team of lawyers and paralegals know everything there is to know about consumer laws. In addition, they know how to leverage them to help you improve your credit so you can work toward a better credit score.
Lexington Law has been helping consumers escape the despair of unfairly reported credit for over a decade.
Since 2004, Lexington Law Firm clients saw over 81 million items removed from their credit reports.
What can Lexington Law do for you?
Lexington Law Firm assists its clients by challenging creditors to ensure the items reported on their credit reports are accurate.
Creditors make reporting mistakes all the time. Lexington Law reviews your credit report with you and challenges creditors to delete or correct them.
All it takes is a single stroke of a pen or click of a mouse to damage a consumer’s credit history for up to seven years. A good advocate law firm places the burden of proof back where it belongs—on the creditors and credit bureaus.
It’s simple. If a creditor cannot provide proof that an item on your report is fair, accurate, and substantiated, the credit bureau must remove the negative item that is causing bad credit from your credit report.
Reducing the number of negative items on your report may boost your credit score significantly. However, you must also keep your balances low, avoid making unnecessary credit inquiries, and manage your credit wisely to see the best results.
Background on Lexington Law
Lexington Law Firm was founded in 2004 by attorney John C. Heath and has been helping consumers work to repair their credit for 18 years.
The credit repair company is based in Salt Lake City, Utah and has grown to become one of the largest credit repair firms in the United States. Lexington Law is known for its team of experienced attorneys and paralegals who work on credit repair cases.
Services Offered by Lexington Law
Here’s a detailed breakdown of the offerings by Lexington Law:
- Credit report analysis: Before embarking on any repair journey, it’s essential to know where you stand. Lexington Law undertakes a comprehensive review of a client’s credit report, pinpointing inaccuracies, inconsistencies, and areas that require attention. This forms the basis of their repair strategy.
- Credit score improvement: Improving your credit isn’t just about removing negative items. Lexington Law provides actionable insights and advice to clients on how they can proactively enhance their credit scores, from optimizing credit utilization to establishing a diversified credit mix.
- Credit bureau challenges: Incorrect or unfairly reported items on a credit report can drag down a credit score. Lexington Law takes on the task of challenging these discrepancies directly with credit bureaus, leveraging their expertise to ensure the client’s report accurately reflects their financial history.
- Debt validation: Not all debts reported are valid. Sometimes, consumers may find themselves faced with unrecognized debts or debts past their statute of limitations. Lexington Law assists clients in validating these debts, ensuring they’re legitimate and legally binding.
- Credit monitoring service: With the ever-present threat of identity theft and the importance of maintaining a healthy credit profile, Lexington Law offers a credit monitoring service. This service promptly alerts clients to any changes or potential threats to their credit, allowing for timely interventions.
- Removal of negative items: One of the primary objectives of credit repair is to remove unjust or incorrect negative items that may be tarnishing a credit report. Lexington Law works diligently to address negative entries like late payments, charge-offs, and collections, ensuring that a client’s credit report is a fair representation of their financial behavior.
In essence, Lexington Law offers a holistic approach to credit repair, ensuring that all facets of a consumer’s credit profile are addressed. Whether you’re just starting your credit journey or looking to rectify past mistakes, their array of services caters to a broad spectrum of credit needs.
Lexington Law’s Credit Repair Process
The process involves identifying and challenging inaccurate or incomplete information on a person’s credit report. The goal of credit repair is to help ensure a person’s credit report is fair, accurate, and substantiated.
Credit repair companies like Lexington Law work on behalf of their clients to challenge unfair and inaccurate negative items with the credit bureaus and try to get them removed.
Lexington Law takes a comprehensive approach to credit repair. They begin by analyzing the client’s credit history to identify any inaccurate or incomplete information.
Once negative items are identified, the company’s team of attorneys and paralegals work to help you challenge questionable information on your credit report with the credit bureaus. Lexington Law will also work with the client to identify any steps they can take to improve their credit, such as paying off debts or correcting errors on their credit report.
How Long It Takes for Clients to See Results
The length of time it takes for Lexington Law clients to see results varies depending on the individual case and the specific negative items being challenged. Some clients may see results within the first month, while others may take several months to see significant improvement in their credit scores.
Lexington Law will keep their clients informed about the status of their case and the progress being made throughout the credit repair process.
Pros and Cons of Lexington Law
- Experienced attorneys and paralegals: Lexington Law has a team of experienced attorneys and paralegals who work on credit repair cases. This ensures that clients are getting the best possible representation when it comes to challenging negative items on their credit report.
- Comprehensive services: Lexington Law offers a wide range of credit repair services to help clients work to improve their credit”. These services include credit report analysis, creditor intervention, credit bureau challenges, and debt validation. They also offer credit monitoring service to keep their clients informed about changes in their report.
- Proven track record of success: Lexington Law has a proven track record of helping clients improve their credit scores. They have been in business for 18 years and have a large customer base that is satisfied with their services.
- Higher cost than some competitors: Lexington Law’s services are not the cheapest in the credit repair industry, which may make it difficult for some clients to afford.
- Limited services available to non-US residents: Services are only available to residents of the United States. This means that non-US residents are not able to take advantage of the company’s services.
Lexington Law Reviews
Lexington Law has received a mix of positive and negative reviews from its customers. Some clients have reported significant improvements in their credit scores after working with the company, while others have been less satisfied with the results.
Many clients have praised the company’s team of attorneys and paralegals for their professionalism and expertise. However, some clients have complained about the cost of the company’s services, and others have reported slow progress in their credit repair cases.
Overall, the majority of customers are satisfied with Lexington Law’s services.
Lexington Law Alternatives
While Lexington Law has cemented its reputation as a leading credit repair service, it’s always prudent for consumers to be aware of other options in the market. Each credit repair company has its strengths, methodologies, and pricing structures, allowing individuals to choose the best fit for their unique needs. Let’s explore some notable alternatives to Lexington Law:
- Credit Saint: With a range of packages catering to various needs, Credit Saint offers a 90-day money-back guarantee, which speaks volumes about their confidence in their services. They are especially known for their personalized touch and a dedicated team that keeps clients updated throughout the process.
- Sky Blue Credit Repair: Known for its straightforward pricing and a simple, customer-friendly approach, Sky Blue offers a comprehensive credit repair service. They also provide extra services without additional charges, such as debt validation and goodwill letters.
- The Credit People: Boasting over a decade in the industry, The Credit People offer affordable monthly subscriptions and a lump-sum option. They also provide a 60-day money-back guarantee and pride themselves on a user-friendly platform and efficient services.
- CreditRepair.com: Beyond the traditional credit repair services, CreditRepair.com offers tools and education to help consumers understand their credit better and ensure lasting credit health. Their interactive tools and dashboards provide clients with real-time updates on their credit repair journey.
When choosing a credit repair agency, it’s essential to consider your financial situation, the specific challenges you’re facing, and the level of personal attention you desire. It’s also vital to read reviews, understand the pricing, and be aware of any guarantees offered. Remember, repairing credit is a marathon, not a sprint, so choose a partner that aligns with your goals and offers the support you need throughout the journey.
Frequently asked questions about Lexington Law:
Is Lexington Law legit?
“Is Lexington Law a scam?” or “does this really work?” are some of the first questions that we always hear. We understand your skepticism. The answer is yes, Lexington Law really does work, and no, they are not a scam.
Lexington Law clients saw over 4 million removals on their credit reports in 2022.
Lexington Law Firm is currently not an accredited business with the Better Business Bureau (BBB). However, most of the Lexington Law reviews online are overwhelmingly positive.
How does Lexington Law repair your credit?
Lexington Law Firm leverages your consumer rights to challenge unverifiable, misleading, untimely, incomplete, or inaccurate items on your credit report. First, they provide you with a free consultation to help you determine which plan is best for you.
Next, they work with you to ensure your credit strategy is the most effective. Then, Lexington Law takes the appropriate actions when engaging with the major credit bureaus and your creditors.
Here’s what the Lexington Law credit repair process looks like step-by-step.
Access to Your Credit Reports
First, Lexington Law helps you access your credit reports from Equifax, Experian, and TransUnion. Then, they formulate a plan for your unique situation using that information. Next, Lexington Law’s team will begin the process on your behalf.
Once the process begins, you’ll receive a monthly credit score analysis if you’re a Concord Premier client. Lexington Law also provides you with quality tips on fixing your credit with actions you can take. If you want more personalized coaching, you’re welcome to contact a paralegal at any time over the phone, email, or even website chat.
Additionally, all Lexington clients can check on the status at any time on the firm’s website and mobile app. After that, you will start receiving responses to your challenges directly from the credit bureaus.
Once you do, send that information to your case team so they can update the status of each challenge. Lexington Law may also escalate the challenge, depending on the response from the credit bureau.
From start to finish, Lexington Law Firm is accessible to address your concerns and is on top of your case so you can achieve the best possible outcome.
How long does Lexington Law take to repair credit?
How fast Lexington Law works depends on your unique credit situation and how well each of the three credit bureaus and your creditors cooperates. Obviously, the worse your credit is, the more work it will take, which means it will take more time to repair your credit completely.
Does Lexington Law offer a guarantee?
No, there are no guarantees involved with legal or credit repair services. Just like in a court of law, an attorney could never guarantee a client a specific outcome. The same is true for credit repair companies. It’s impossible to predict how your creditors will respond.
What kinds of credit problems can Lexington Law help you with?
Since 2004, Lexington Law Firm clients saw over 81 million items removed from their credit reports. Here are some of the issues Lexington Law can help with:
- Late payments
- Charge offs
- Medical bills
- Identity theft
- Student loans
- Hard inquiries
It’s possible to have any of these accounts removed from your credit report. That doesn’t mean they will be, as again, there are no promises or guarantees, but they absolutely can be.
Can deleted items reappear on my credit report?
Yes, on rare occasions. A creditor might occasionally re-verify a negative entry they had previously removed. But, the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA) mandates that credit reporting agencies notify you if they intend to re-list a previously deleted item.
Moreover, these agencies have a narrow window — just 5 days — to re-add the item after its removal. If they exceed this period, it’s a breach of the Fair Credit Reporting Act. Due to these stringent rules set by the FCRA, re-reporting of listings is a rare occurrence.
How much does Lexington Law cost?
As a credit repair firm, Lexington Law is governed by federal legislation called the Credit Repair Organizations Act (CROA). This federal law states that a credit repair organization cannot collect payments for credit repair services until after the services have been performed. Like most credit repair companies, Lexington Law charges clients a monthly fee for as long as they remain with them.
Lexington Law Firm offers three levels of service:
The Concord Standard Plan is $99.95 per month. This is for their basic credit repair services like credit bureau challenges and creditor interventions.
The Concord Premier Plan is $119.95 per month. It offers credit monitoring, assistance with credit inquiries, and other services not offered on Concord Standard.
The Premier Plus Plan is $139.95 per month. It includes all the services of Concord Standard and Concord Premier service levels, plus you will also receive your FICO® Score based on TransUnion data each month. You also get real-time identity theft protection and up to $25,000 in identity theft insurance, credit monitoring, fraud alerts, a personal finance manager, and other personal finance tools to manage your finances.
Does Lexington Law offer any discounts?
Yes, Lexington Law is now offering 50% off the first payment when couples or family members sign up together. The one-time 50% discount will be automatically applied to both you and your spouse’s first payment. Active military members also qualify for a one-time 50% discount off the first payment.
Lexington Law vs. Sky Blue Credit: Who’s better?
We get asked this question all the time, as these two credit repair companies are the most popular. While we have Lexington Law ranked higher, it’s important to know that Sky Blue Credit and Lexington Law are both excellent companies.
We have laid out all the pros and cons of both credit repair companies in our reviews and encourage you to check them both out and decide which one you think will work best for you.
Where is Lexington Law located?
This credit repair firm is located in Salt Lake City, Utah. However, they serve the whole country. Lexington Law credit repair is available in most states and has offices in several states. However, there is no need to visit them in person. All Lexington Law services and communications can be taken care of online and over the phone.
When can I reach customer service?
Lexington Law customer service hours are as follows:
Mon-Fri: 7:00 am to 7:00 pm MST
How do I cancel Lexington Law?
You can cancel Lexington Law at any time. There are no obligations. We recommend giving Lexington Law adequate time to do their work for the best results. Then, cancel your credit repair service when you are satisfied with your results. However, if for any reason you want to cancel before then, you can do so by calling customer service.