Are you considering applying for a Marriott Bonvoy credit card to take advantage of the benefits, rewards, and travel perks it offers? Chase currently provides two Marriott Bonvoy cards: the Marriott Bonvoy Boundless credit card and the Marriott Bonvoy Bold credit card. To qualify for these cards, you’ll need a solid credit score, so let’s dive into the details and learn how to improve your chances of approval.
Minimum Credit Score Requirements for Marriott Bonvoy Credit Cards
The recommended minimum credit score for both Marriott Bonvoy credit cards is 700. However, as a premium travel credit card, the Marriott Bonvoy Boundless card typically requires a higher credit score of at least 740. Keep in mind that credit card issuers take various factors into account, so even if your credit score is above the minimum requirement, approval is not guaranteed.
Strategies to Boost Your Approval Odds for a Marriott Bonvoy Card
To increase your chances of getting approved for a Marriott Bonvoy card, you’ll need to plan ahead and ensure your financial situation is in good shape. Here are some tips to help you prepare:
- Know your credit scores and reports: Be aware of your credit scores and what’s in your credit reports. You can obtain a free copy of your credit report from each of the three major credit bureaus (Equifax, Experian, and TransUnion) every 12 months at AnnualCreditReport.com. Regularly monitoring your credit can help you identify areas that need improvement and spot any potential errors that may be negatively affecting your credit score.
- Maintain a strong credit history: Credit card issuers prefer applicants with a history of responsible credit use. Make sure to pay your bills on time, avoid maxing out your credit cards, and keep your debt levels low.
- Steady income: A stable income demonstrates your ability to repay your credit card balance. Ensuring that your income is sufficient and consistent can improve your chances of being approved for a Marriott Bonvoy card.
- Keep credit utilization low: Aim to use less than 30% of your available credit limit on all your revolving credit accounts. This will show credit card issuers that you can responsibly manage credit without overextending yourself.
- Limit credit inquiries: Applying for too much credit in a short period can raise red flags for potential lenders. Space out your credit card applications and try not to have too many hard inquiries on your credit report at once.
Seeking Professional Help to Improve Your Credit Score
If your credit score needs a boost before applying for a Marriott Bonvoy credit card, consider seeking professional assistance. Credit repair services like Lexington Law can help you dispute and potentially remove negative items from your credit report, such as late payments, collections, charge-offs, foreclosures, repossessions, and bankruptcies.
With over 18 years of experience in the credit repair industry, Lexington Law has successfully removed millions of negative items for their clients. In 2021 alone, they achieved more than 6 million removals. By working with a reputable credit repair service, you can improve your credit score and increase the likelihood of getting approved for a Marriott Bonvoy credit card or other financial products.
Give them a call at (800) 220-0084 for a free consultation.