Havertys Furniture, a well-known furniture retailer, offers its customers the convenience of a store-branded credit card. If you’re considering applying for a Havertys credit card, it’s important to understand the credit score requirements and how it can impact your chances of approval.
In this article, we’ll dive into the world of credit scores, the features of the Havertys credit card, and tips to help you boost your credit score.
The Havertys Credit Card
Card features and benefits
- Special financing options: Havertys offers various financing plans, allowing you to pay for your purchases over time.
- Exclusive discounts and promotions: Cardholders receive access to exclusive sales and promotions throughout the year.
- Convenient payment options: Manage your account online, set up autopay, and choose your payment due date.
Credit Score Requirements for Havertys Credit Card
Minimum credit score needed
While there is no publicly disclosed minimum credit score required for the Havertys credit card, it’s generally recommended to have at least a fair credit score (580-669) for a better chance of approval.
Factors influencing approval odds
- Income: A higher income can improve your chances of being approved.
- Debt-to-income ratio: Lenders prefer a lower debt-to-income ratio, indicating that you have a manageable debt load.
- Credit history: A longer, positive credit history can boost your approval odds.
- Recent credit inquiries: Multiple credit inquiries in a short period can negatively impact your chances of approval.
How to Improve Your Credit Score for a Havertys Credit Card
Monitor your credit report and dispute errors
Regularly review your credit report and dispute any inaccuracies to ensure your score reflects your true creditworthiness.
Pay bills on time and maintain low balances
Consistently paying your bills on time and keeping your credit card balances low can significantly improve your credit score.
Reduce your overall debt
Paying down outstanding debts, such as loans and credit card balances, can positively impact your credit score.
Keep your credit utilization low
Maintain a credit utilization ratio (the percentage of your available credit that you’re using) below 30% to demonstrate responsible credit management.
Limit new credit inquiries
Avoid applying for multiple credit accounts in a short period, as this can lower your credit score and signal potential risk to lenders.
Alternatives to Havertys Credit Card
- Other store credit cards with lower credit score requirements: Consider applying for store credit cards with more lenient credit score requirements if you don’t qualify for the Havertys card.
- Secured credit cards: Secured credit cards require a security deposit but can help build your credit score with responsible use.
- Personal loans: A personal loan may offer an alternative financing option for your furniture purchase, allowing you to pay off the loan in installments.
- Saving for furniture purchases: Consider saving up for your furniture purchases and paying in cash to avoid debt and interest charges altogether.
Need help improving your credit score?
One of the best ways to improve your credit scores is by removing negative items from your credit report. Credit Saint is a credit repair company that can help you dispute (and possibly remove) the following items:
- Late payments
- Charge offs
With years of experience at their disposal, these professionals have a proven track record of effectively removing incorrect entries for countless clients. So if you’re struggling with bad credit and want to increase the likelihood of getting approved for new credit, visit their website for a free credit consultation.
Understanding the credit score requirements for a Havertys credit card can help you make informed decisions about your financial future. By working to improve your credit score and exploring alternative financing options, you can increase your chances of securing the best possible terms for your next furniture purchase.