Auto Credit Express is a bridge for those seeking auto financing for both new and used cars, especially if they have credit challenges. They also connect bad credit borrowers with auto loan refinancing options. They are based in Auburn Hills, Michigan, but have partnered with over 1,500 dealerships nationwide.
Overview of Auto Credit Express
With a lender network spanning across the U.S. and Canada, Auto Credit Express specializes in helping those with bad credit. They partner with local car dealerships inclined to assist such borrowers, many of whom operate in the subprime lending arena.
Here are some key details to keep in mind:
- They require a minimum FICO credit score of 525.
- Applicants should have a monthly income of at least $1,800.
- The debt-to-income ratio should be under 50%.
- They operate in all 50 states and offer loan terms between 24 and 84 months.
- Joint applications? No problem. They welcome co-applicants and co-borrowers.
The process is straightforward: fill out a loan request form on their website, and while they’re not a direct lender, they’ll connect you with suitable dealerships. Once you submit, they share your details with potential dealers who will then assess your creditworthiness. Should a match be found, you’ll get an email with the next steps.
In a sea of lenders, Auto Credit Express shines brightly with its mission, as evidenced by its positive reviews and its genuine slogan, “Rebuilding America’s Credit.”
How does Auto Credit Express work?
Auto Credit Express is a platform that bridges the gap between car buyers and a wide-ranging network of car dealerships and lenders, especially for those struggling with bad credit. Here’s a breakdown of how the system operates:
- Extensive Network: For new and used car purchases, Auto Credit Express connects potential car buyers with a vast network of over 1,500 car dealerships and lenders across the U.S. and Canada. The unique feature of this network is its focus on dealerships that specialize in catering to borrowers with bad credit.
- Focus on Subprime Lending: A significant portion of the Auto Credit Express network emphasizes providing financing through subprime lenders. This means they specifically assist borrowers who might not be approved through conventional channels due to their credit history.
- Buy Here, Pay Here Option: A handful of dealers within this network adopt a “buy here, pay here” financing approach. This essentially means they offer in-house financing. While this might seem appealing to some, it’s essential to note that this is often a pricier way to acquire a vehicle.
- Online Loan Request Process: Prospective borrowers start their journey on the Auto Credit Express website by filling out a loan request form. Though this form mimics an initial loan application, it’s pivotal for users to understand that Auto Credit Express itself isn’t a lender and does not offer pre-qualification through soft credit checks.
- Data Sharing and Credit Checks: Once the online form is completed and submitted, the applicant’s data is channeled to a dealer within the network. This action simultaneously grants the lending partners the permission to access the applicant’s credit report. Depending on the lender, this might entail a soft credit check or a more impactful hard credit inquiry, the latter potentially denting the applicant’s credit scores for a short period.
- Connection with Dealers: Should Auto Credit Express identify a dealer that might furnish a loan to the applicant, they promptly send an email containing login details to check the application’s status and the dealer’s contact information. In most cases, the dealer reaches out to the applicant within a day or two.
- In-person Dealer Visit: Following the initial online procedures, the real action unfolds at the dealership. For purchase loans, the buyer has to meet the dealer in person to furnish more details. Here, they’ll learn about the loan’s approval status, potential interest rates, and down payment requirements. Some dealers don’t require a down payment or may ask for a minimal amount. Nonetheless, making a down payment, when feasible, can considerably reduce the borrowed amount and consequently, the monthly payments.
Auto Credit Express Loan Application Requirements
Start by filling out the online loan request form. It only takes three minutes to complete and only moments to get pre-qualified. This stage doesn’t involve a hard credit check, so it won’t affect your credit score during this time.
The actual hard pull will occur once you’re pre-qualified and choose a local dealer to work with. From here, you’ll provide the same standard assortment of information as you would with any direct lender:
- Photo ID
- W-2 forms
- Tax returns
- Bank statements
- Pay stubs
- Proof of insurance
- Proof of residence
- Working phone number
Auto Credit Express Application Process
The process is very fast. In fact, many Auto Credit Express customers report driving home with a new car the same day that they applied. Most businesses offering this kind of speed and expedited service are usually payday lenders and the like. However, the Auto Credit Express application process is so streamlined that they can offer legitimate bad credit car loans with good interest rates on the same day.
If you have poor credit, know that most Auto Credit Express lenders want to see a minimum monthly income of $1,800. Plus, if you need a subprime loan, these loans typically require either a $1,000 or 10% down payment (whichever is less).
If you can’t meet this requirement, you may need to either improve your credit or save up for a down payment first before you can get approved. However, Auto Credit Express can connect you with over 500 auto loan options nationwide.
Types of Auto Loans Available for Borrowers with Bad Credit
Buying a car with a bankruptcy on your record is indeed possible through a special finance lender. There are just a few more hoops you may need to jump through, including:
- $1,000 down, or 10% of the selling price (whichever is less).
- Cosigner with average to good credit.
- A lower loan amount (keep in mind that subprime lenders only like car payments to take up 15% to 20% of monthly income).
- Filed discharge on your credit report.
If you’re a member of the armed forces, you could be eligible to receive better rates regardless of your income or credit history. Because your employer is the federal government, lenders know you have a stable source of income.
Not only can you get a better interest rate, but the approval time for the auto loan is faster and easier. You’ll also have more flexible payment options and could have less stringent terms and conditions. If you’re an active member of the U.S. military, this is a no-brainer auto loan to pursue.
Leasing options are typically only offered to people with a good to excellent credit rating. However, there are car dealerships willing to lease out to challenged credit buyers with a few restrictions.
- You’ll have a down payment.
- You may have a high interest rate.
- You may have to make weekly or bi-weekly payments.
Geared towards people who have a credit score of 500–640, and only $500 to put down. Fill out the auto loan request form and first get pre-approved. From there, Auto Credit Express will take a look at your gross monthly income and your debt to income ratio (DTI) and calculate how much car you can afford.
Upon reviewing your application, a local dealership will reach out to you to discuss your car financing options. They will present you with a range of vehicles that fit your budget, including both new and used cars.
Keep in mind that the $500 down loan option is available for both new and used vehicles. You have the flexibility to choose the option that best meets your needs and preferences.
Auto Credit Express works with over 100 lenders, and each lender has an average of five lending programs for people with bad credit, no credit, or low income. That means 500 loan programs are at your disposal when you work with Auto Credit Express. However, these “subprime” loans do have certain criteria that borrowers must meet to be eligible. These typically include:
- One year at a job; three years of continuous employment (maximum of three employers in three years) or guaranteed fixed income.
- At least $1,800 a month gross income (if you make less, there are still options).
- DTI of no more than 40-50%
- Maximum payment-to-income ratio 15-20%–meaning the price you pay for the car cannot be more than 20% of what you make.
Auto Credit Express works with certain auto financing companies that don’t even bother looking at your credit. All you have to do is prove you have a steady source of income and a stable residence, and they’ll approve you for the car loan. As a general rule of thumb, these types of lenders charge higher rates with shorter loan terms, so there is a certain amount of risk involved for both parties.
Pros and Cons of Using Auto Credit Express
Advantages of working with Auto Credit Express:
- Auto Credit Express has a team of experienced loan specialists who are dedicated to helping customers with bad or no credit obtain car loans.
- The company’s wide range of financing options gives customers flexibility in choosing the best option for their needs and budget.
- Auto Credit Express has a good reputation, with many satisfied customers who have been able to obtain auto loans through the company.
Potential drawbacks or limitations of working with Auto Credit Express:
- As with any car loan financing company, Auto Credit Express may not be able to approve every application. Some customers may still be turned down for a loan even with the company’s assistance.
- The company’s services may not be available in all areas, so it may not be an option for everyone.
- The terms and rates of the auto loans offered through Auto Credit Express may not be the most competitive in the market. You should compare rates and terms from multiple lenders before making a decision.
Auto Credit Express Fees and Rates
Auto Credit Express doesn’t charge anything for the service of connecting you with a lender. It’s a service offered to borrowers to help them rebuild their credit and financial profile.
Because it connects borrowers with lenders based on their credit score, no matter how low or high, your interest rate may vary depending on the car loan type and lender. That being said, customer reviews point to the rates being fair and manageable.
Auto Credit Express Reviews
Based on customer reviews, Auto Credit Express has a good reputation for helping customers with bad credit obtain auto loans. Many customers have reported being satisfied with the service they received from the auto loan broker and the loan options that were made available to them.
However, while the majority of customer reviews are positive, there have been some negative comments as well. Some customers have reported feeling overwhelmed by the amount of paperwork and documentation required. Others complained about the high interest rates on their loans.
The Better Business Bureau (BBB) currently gives Auto Credit Express an A+, with very few complaints. You will find many 5-star reviews of Auto Credit Express at several other review sites as well.
Auto Credit Express Application Process
The application process is fast. Apply for a loan online and get pre-qualify first. Auto Credit Express will then match you up with the best lender in your area.
You’ll be sent a list of recommended lenders known to work with borrowers with your particular credit and financial profile. Choose the one you like best, and from there, you’re ready to buy a car. Once you’ve picked out your car, the process is the same as it would be at any car dealership.
Auto Credit Express Special Features
One thing to remember is that Auto Credit Express is connected with over a hundred bad credit, low-income auto loan providers nationwide, all of which have multiple programs. With over 500 loan programs to choose from that are specifically tailored for people with poor credit or low income, anyone who needs a car can get one.
If you have bad credit, low income, or both, Auto Credit Express can link you to a lender to finance your new car purchase. The payments will be both fair and manageable, and will put you on the road towards better credit. They also have great customer reviews and an excellent customer service team that can answer any questions that you may have.
Auto Credit Express FAQs
How does Auto Credit Express work?
Customers can apply for financing through the Auto Credit Express website. The company will review the application and work with a network of lenders to find the best financing option for the customer based on their credit situation.
Is Auto Credit Express legitimate?
Auto Credit Express is a legitimate loan matching service that partners with reputable lenders and dealerships to offer financing options to individuals with credit challenges. Many borrowers turn to the company to rebuild their credit or find affordable new or used vehicles that fit their budget.
How much does it cost to use Auto Credit Express?
There are no upfront fees to use Auto Credit Express. The company makes money by receiving a commission from the lender for each loan that is approved and funded through the company.
Is Auto Credit Express available in all states?
Auto Credit Express partners with over 1,500 car dealerships with locations in all 50 U.S. states, as well as every province in Canada.
Check out our other auto loan reviews below to continue exploring your options.