Established in 1994, Car.Loan.com has been helping people with bad credit for over 20 years. However, this auto loan broker works with borrowers with both good and bad credit. They connect borrowers with lenders and car dealerships both able and wanting to work with them.
Fortunately, they’re not just all talk. Past users rate them an average of 9 out of 10, and financial sites give them 4.5 out of 5 stars. If you need a car with a manageable monthly payment, Car.Loan.com is an auto loan company that may be able to help.
Car.Loan.com Application Requirements
Car.Loan works with lenders all over the country, each of which has its own requirements the further you get into the process. Pre-qualifying only takes a few minutes, but when you proceed to actually work with a lender or dealership, the following paperwork will likely be needed:
- Proof of Income: For this, you’ll just need to provide a pay stub. Depending on the lender, there will likely be a minimum monthly income requirement. For most lenders, the minimums are between $1,000 and $2,000.
- Proof of Insurance: If you’ve never had a car, you’ve likely never had insurance before. If this is the case, you can do it the day of. You just need to provide proof before everything can be finalized.
- Proof of Identity: You’ll need a government-issued ID with your signature on it. You’ll also likely need to provide a utility bill with your address on it that must have the same address as the one on your ID. You also must be a citizen of the United States and have a social security number or other documentation to prove it.
- Proof of Residence: As with the above requirement, you’ll need to provide a utility bill that has your address on it. Obviously, it can be the same bill that you provided to prove your identity.
- Trade-in Documentation: If you have an old car that you’re going to trade in to help with the down payment or loan amount, you’ll need to provide all appropriate paperwork that proves you are the owner of that vehicle. For this, you’ll need the car’s title and registration papers.
Types of Auto Loans Available at Car.Loan.com
Car.Loan.com offers car loans for both used and new cars. Because it works with dealers and lenders nationwide, it services all types of auto loans for a variety of vehicles.
It doesn’t restrict borrowers to certain types or makes. It also doesn’t restrict based on the age of the vehicle. For many lenders, cars must be 10 years or younger, but Car.Loans and their affiliates do not place these restrictions on their borrowers.
Fees and Rates
There is no cost to apply, however there is a credit check. Borrowers under any obligation to move forward with an auto loan once they have been matched up with a lender.
Your interest rate and loan terms will vary depending on your credit scores. Interest rates range on the whole from 0% to 25%. Your financial history and credit profile determine the amount of a credit risk you are to lenders. The higher your credit score, the less likely you’ll be to miss a payment and the more likely you’ll be to receive a lower interest rate.
One of the best ways to find a great auto loan lender is by reading third-party reviews. You can discover what actual customers are saying about them before you apply for auto financing. Car.Loan.com doesn’t currently have a rating with the Better Business Bureau (BBB). However, you will find many 5-star reviews of Car.Loan.com at several other review sites.
Car.Loan.com Application Process
With everything so streamlined these days, the application at Car.Loan.com only takes three minutes to complete. You’ll then receive up to four loan offers within minutes. To get pre-qualified, all you need is your name, email, phone number, and date of birth to get things rolling. Once you’re pre-qualified, you can immediately go and visit a participating dealership and begin shopping.
Car.Loan.com Special Features
Car.Loan.com auto loans come with a lot of extras. Here are some of our favorite features.
Car.Loan.com has a handy Loan Estimator tool on its website that tells you how much you’re likely to get approved for. It’s a three-step process that only takes a few minutes to calculate.
1. Credit Profile: It gives five credit profiles to choose from ranging from good to very bad credit. You’ll likely be in between two credit profiles, so just choose the one you are closest to.
2. Monthly Income: How much do you make before anything is taken out, such as taxes or health insurance?
3. Monthly Debt: For this one, you’ll need to include minimum payments you make every month on items such as:
- Mortgage or Rent
- Credit Cards
- Student Loans
- Personal Loans
- Child Support
- Monthly Maintenance Payments
Note: Do not worry about utility bills, cell phone plans, internet or cable bills when calculating monthly debt.
After you enter all the information, Car.Loan.com will give you an estimate of what you can afford each month. Just know that this doesn’t mean you’ll actually get approved for a certain loan amount. If your credit history suggests you may struggle to make larger payments, you may only be approved for lower loan amounts.
Regardless of what the Loan Estimator tells you, it’s also important to know that many financial specialists think a car loan should account for no more than 10% of your take-home pay.
This means if you bring home $2,000 a month, your car payment (which includes principal, interest, and car insurance) should only be $200 a month. If it’s more, you run the risk of cutting down on your standard of living or, when things get rough, not being able to make your payments.
Car.Loan.com also has a handy tool to calculate car payments. For this you’ll answer:
- Price of Car
- Down Payment
- Loan Term
- Amount of Loan
- Interest Rate (APR)
Just know that if you have bad credit, you’ll likely be required to make a down payment. For most lenders, You either have to put down $1,000 or 10% (whichever is less).
Drive-Away the Same Day
If you need a new car fast, you might be able to drive away with a vehicle the same day as applying. Start the process on the morning of, get the paperwork mentioned above in order, and you could very well drive away with a car that afternoon.
Car.Loan.com is an established online company with a strong reputation with its past clients. The highest APRs offered are pretty high, but borrowers with a bad credit score should not assume that they’ll automatically be lumped into an inflated interest rate. They work with affiliated lenders all over the country and the variety of interest rates reflects that.
If you don’t have a credit score because you’re just starting out in the financial world, or it’s low because of missed payments or bankruptcy, Car.Loan.com can find a lender and dealership able to work with your situation.
Check out our other auto loan reviews below to continue exploring your options.