Who is Fairway Collections?
Fairway Collections, LLC is a debt collection agency located in Centralia, Washington. Their business revolves around collecting debts from individuals or businesses who have not paid their bills.
If you see Fairway Collections on your credit report as a collection account, it indicates that they are currently handling a debt you owe.
Who does Fairway Collections collect for?
Fairway Collections collects debts for companies in the following industries:
- education (loans, tuition, fines, and fees)
- property management (commercial leases, HOA fees, individual properties)
- government / utilities (taxes, parking violations, fines and fees, utility bills)
- credit unions / financial institutions (checking and savings, loans, credit cards, mortgages)
Is Fairway Collections legit or a scam?
Fairway Collections is a legitimate debt collection agency. They are authorized to collect debts on behalf of their clients. However, it’s important to verify any debts they claim you owe before making any payments.
How can I remove Fairway Collections from my credit report?
Collections can hurt your credit score and remain on your credit report for up to seven years regardless of whether you pay it or not. Unfortunately, paying the collection could even lower your credit score.
However, it is possible to remove a collection account from your credit history before seven years.
(While debt collectors may not want this information to be widely known, it’s your right to be informed.)
Ready to Raise Your Credit Score?
Some clients have raised their credit scores
by 100 points* or more.
Lexington Law is a professional credit repair law firm that works with people who want to fix their credit.
In addition to collections, they can work with you to challenge other inaccurate, unfair, or unsubstantiated information on your credit report. These items include inquiries, late payments, charge-offs, foreclosures, repossessions, bankruptcies, and more.
Get started on the path to better credit today: Fill out the form for a free credit consultation.
Fairway Collections, LLC Contact Information
Fairway Collections, LLC
1616 S Gold St. Ste 5
Centralia, WA 98531
Phone number: (360) 330-5887
Should I contact or pay Fairway Collections?
It’s best to avoid speaking to a debt collector on the phone. And making payments on the debt will reset the clock. As a result, it could harm your credit rather than improve it. However, sometimes it’s better just to pay the collection account, especially if it’s new, and you’re certain that it’s legit.
The most effective way to deal with Fairway Collections is to work with a credit repair professional. They help remove millions of negative items every year from companies like Fairway Collections on behalf of their clients.
Will Fairway Collections sue me or garnish my wages?
Fairway Collections, like any other debt collection agency, has the legal right to sue for unpaid debts. If they win a judgment in court, they may be able to garnish your wages or take other steps to recover the debt, depending on the laws in your specific jurisdiction.
However, not all debts are eligible for such actions, and not all collection agencies will decide to sue. Legal action can be time-consuming and costly, so it’s often used as a last resort. In many cases, debt collectors would prefer to work out a payment plan or settlement to avoid legal action.
Fairway Collections, LLC Complaints
Most collection agencies have numerous complaints filed against them with the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB) and the Better Business Bureau (BBB). Most consumer complaints are about inaccurate reporting, harassment, or failure to verify a debt. If you find yourself facing any of these situations with Fairway Collections, you should also consider filing a complaint.
You have many consumer rights under the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA) and the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (FDCPA). These rights include the ability to dispute credit reporting errors and to be treated fairly and respectfully by debt collectors.
Your Rights When Dealing with Fairway Collections, LLC
Debt collectors must abide by state and federal laws in the United States. For example, the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act prohibits a debt collector from using abusive, unfair, or deceptive practices. In addition, the FDCPA provides you with many rights to ensure that collection agencies don’t take advantage of you. In particular:
- It is a violation of federal law for Fairway Collections, LLC to report inaccurate or incomplete information about you.
- You have a legal right to request debt validation on an alleged debt. Send the collection agency a debt validation letter. By law, they have 30 days to prove to you that the debt is really yours and the total amount is accurate.
- Fairway Collections may not threaten or harass you, call you repeatedly, swear at you, or publicly publish a list of debtors.
- Fairway Collections must be honest about who they are and what they are attempting to do. They must notify you that they are a debt collection agency both orally and in writing.
- Fairway Collections cannot threaten to have you arrested or imprisoned over unpaid debts.
Remove Fairway Collections From Your Credit Report Today!
Lexington Law can assist you in disputing Fairway Collections accounts. With more than 18 years of experience, they achieved over 6 million removals for their clients in 2021 alone.
If you’re tired of dealing with debt collectors and want to improve your credit, consider working with a trusted credit repair company.
They have helped many people in your situation. Fill out the form on their website for a free credit consultation to see what they can do for you.
Ready to Repair Your Credit?
Some clients have raised their credit scores
by 100 points* or more.
Here’s a list of some of the nation’s most popular debt collectors that cause damage to your credit.
- 11 Charter Communications
- Aargon Agency, Inc.
- Ad Astra Recovery Services
- Afni Collections
- Account Resolution Services
- CACH LLC
- Capio Partners
- Cavalry Portfolio Services
- Cavalry SPV I LLC
- CBE Group
- CCS Offices
- CMRE Financial Services
- Commonwealth Financial Systems
- Convergent Outsourcing
- Credence Resource Management
- Credit Collection Services
- Diversified Consultants
- Dynamic Recovery Solutions
- Enhanced Recovery Company
- EOS CCA
- GC Services
- Global Credit and Collection Corp
- Global Crossing Local Services
- Harris & Harris
- Healthcare Revenue Recovery Group
- Hunter Warfield
- IC System
- IQ Data International
- Jefferson Capital Systems
- LVNV Funding LLC
- McCarthy, Burgess & Wolff
- Midland Credit Management
- MiraMed Revenue Group
- MRS Associates
- MRS BPO LLC
- National Credit Systems
- Nationwide Recovery Service
- Northland Group
- Penn Credit
- Phoenix Financial Services
- PMAB LLC
- Portfolio Recovery Associates
- Reliant Capital Solutions
- Revenue Group
- Southwest Credit Systems
- Sprint Collections
- Transworld Systems
- USCB America
- Verizon Collections
- Wakefield and Associates