Who is Medical Business Bureau?
Medical Business Bureau, LLC (MBB) is a debt collection agency located in Park Ridge, Illinois. They provide collection servicers for billing companies, medical practices, hospitals, physicians, and other healthcare-related specialties.
You may see MBB listed on your credit report as a collections account. This can happen if you forgot to pay a bill and your account was sent to a debt collector.
Removing Medical Business Bureau Collection Accounts
Collections can hurt your credit score and remain on your credit report for up to 7 years regardless of whether you pay it or not. Unfortunately, paying the collection could even lower your credit score.
However, it is possible to have a collection account removed from your credit report before 7 years.
(Debt collectors prefer that we didn’t tell you this, but it’s something you should know.)
Lexington Law is a credit repair company that helps people fix their credit.
In addition to collections, Lexington Law will help you challenge (and possibly remove) other inaccurate information from your credit report. These items include inquiries, late payments, charge-offs, foreclosures, repossessions, judgments, tax liens, and bankruptcies.
Call Lexington Law now to learn more: (800) 220-0084
Medical Business Bureau, LLC Contact Information
Medical Business Bureau, LLC
1460 Renaissance Dr Suite 400
Park Ridge, IL 60068
Phone number: (888) 751-0481
Should I contact or pay Medical Business Bureau?
Nothing good can come from speaking to a collection agency on the phone. And making payments on the collection account will reset the clock. So instead of helping your credit, it could make it worse.
The best way to go about handling this is to work with a professional credit repair service. They have deleted millions of negative items from companies like Medical Business Bureau for millions of clients nationwide.
And they can help you too.
Will Medical Business Bureau sue me or garnish my wages?
It’s possible, but if you work with a law firm like Lexington Law, you have nothing to worry about. They will help you dispute the collection account and possibly get it removed from your credit report. It’s also quite possible that you will never hear from or have to deal with Medical Business Bureau again.
Call Lexington Law to learn how they can help you avoid lawsuits and remove negative items from your credit report that will significantly improve your credit scores.
Some states allow wage garnishment, while others do not. It is important to note that if you are in a state that does not allow wage garnishment, it is illegal for them to threaten to garnish your wages.
It is also illegal for Medical Business Bureau to make any claims they cannot or will not follow through on – this includes threatening to sue you or to foreclose on your home.
Medical Business Bureau, LLC Complaints
Most collection agencies have numerous complaints filed against them with the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB) and the Better Business Bureau (BBB). Most complaints are about inaccurate reporting, harassment, or failure to verify a debt. If you find yourself facing any of these situations with a debt collection agency, you should also consider filing a complaint.
You have many consumer rights under the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA) and the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (FDCPA). Lexington Law knows that you have rights, and Medical Business Bureau does too.
Your Rights When Dealing with Medical Business Bureau, LLC
There are strict regulations about what a collection agency can and cannot do in the United States. For example, the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act prevents the use of abusive or deceptive tactics to collect any debt, whether or not you actually owe it. In addition, the FDCPA provides you with many rights to ensure that collection agencies don’t take advantage of you. In particular:
- It is a violation of federal law for Medical Business Bureau to report inaccurate or incomplete information on your credit report.
- Debt validation. Under the FDCPA, you have the right to validate a debt. Upon request, the collection agency reporting the information must prove to you, within 30 days, that the account is really your responsibility and the amount of money you owe is accurate.
- All personal debts are covered, including personal credit cards, auto loans, household bills, and mortgage payments.
- Medical Business Bureau may not threaten or harass you, call you repeatedly, swear at you, or publicly publish a list of debtors.
- Medical Business Bureau must be honest about who they are and what they are trying to do. They must notify you that they are a collection agency both orally and in writing.
- Medical Business Bureau cannot threaten to have you arrested, and they are not allowed to threaten to take legal action if they have no intention of doing so.
Can Medical Business Bureau collection accounts be removed from my credit report?
Lexington Law specializes in disputing Medical Business Bureau accounts. They have over 28 years of experience and have removed over 7 million negative items for their clients in 2020 alone.
Get Your Collections Removed Today!
If you’re looking for a reputable company to help you with collection accounts and repair your credit, we HIGHLY recommend Lexington Law.
Call them at (800) 220-0084 for a free credit consultation. They have helped many people in your situation and have paralegals standing by waiting to take your call.
Here’s a list of some of the nation’s most popular debt collectors that cause damage to your credit.
- 11 Charter Communications
- Aargon Agency, Inc.
- Ad Astra Recovery Services
- Afni Collections
- Account Resolution Services
- CACH LLC
- Capio Partners
- Cavalry Portfolio Services
- Cavalry SPV I LLC
- CBE Group
- CCS Offices
- CMRE Financial Services
- Commonwealth Financial Systems
- Convergent Outsourcing
- Credence Resource Management
- Credit Collection Services
- Diversified Consultants
- Dynamic Recovery Solutions
- Enchanced Recovery Company
- EOS CCA
- GC Services
- Global Credit and Collection Corp
- Global Crossing Local Services
- Harris & Harris
- Healthcare Revenue Recovery Group
- Hunter Warfield
- IC System
- IQ Data International
- Jefferson Capital Systems
- LVNV Funding LLC
- McCarthy, Burgess & Wolff
- Midland Credit Management
- MiraMed Revenue Group
- MRS Associates
- MRS BPO LLC
- National Credit Systems
- Nationwide Recovery Service
- Northland Group
- Penn Credit
- Phoenix Financial Services
- PMAB LLC
- Portfolio Recovery Associates
- Reliant Capital Solutions
- Revenue Group
- Southwest Credit Systems
- Sprint Collections
- Transworld Systems
- USCB America
- Verizon Collections
- Wakefield and Associates