Who is RJM Acquisitions?
RJM Acquisitions, LLC, aka RJM Acquisitions Funding, was a debt collection agency located in Syosset, New York.
You may see RJM Acquisitions listed on your credit report as a collections account. This can happen if you owe a creditor money and they’ve hired someone to collect that money.
Who does RJM Acquisitions collect for?
They are debt buyers. They purchase debt from banks and other financial institutions.
Is RJM Acquisitions legit or a scam?
RJM Acquisitions, LLC is a legitimate company. They were most likely assigned your debt (or bought your debt) from one of the companies they work with. However, just because they are legit, doesn’t mean you actually owe them anything. Keep reading to learn more.
How can I remove RJM Acquisitions, LLC from my credit report?
RJM Acquisitions collections can hurt your credit score and remain on your credit report for up to seven years regardless of whether you pay it or not. Unfortunately, paying the collection could even lower your credit score.
However, it is possible to remove a collection account from your credit history before seven years.
(Debt collectors prefer that we didn’t tell you this, but it’s something you should know.)
Lexington Law is a professional credit repair company that helps people fix their credit.
In addition to collections, Lexington Law will help you challenge (and possibly remove) other inaccurate information from your credit report. These items include inquiries, late payments, charge-offs, foreclosures, repossessions, bankruptcies, and more.
Call Lexington Law now to learn more: (800) 220-0084
RJM Acquisitions, LLC Contact Information
RJM Acquisitions, LLC
575 Underhill Blvd. Suite 224
Syosset, NY 11791-3416
Phone number: (800) 541-0824, (516)-714-1300, or (516)-714-1304
Should I contact or pay RJM Acquisitions, LLC?
Nothing good can come from contacting a debt collection agency. And making payments on the debt will reset the clock. So instead of helping your credit, it could make it worse. Of course, there are times when it’s best to just pay the collection account, especially if it’s new, and you’re certain that it’s legit.
The best way to deal with RJM Acquisitions is to work with a credit repair professional. They delete millions of negative items every year from companies like RJM Acquisitions, LLC for millions of clients nationwide.
And they may be able to help you too.
Will RJM Acquisitions, LLC sue me or garnish my wages?
It’s possible, but if you work with a law firm like Lexington Law, you have nothing to worry about. They will help you dispute the collection account with the credit bureaus and possibly remove it from your credit report. It’s also quite possible that you may never hear from or have to deal with RJM Acquisitions, LLC again.
Call Lexington Law to learn how they can help you avoid lawsuits and remove negative items from your credit report that will significantly improve your credit scores.
RJM Acquisitions, LLC Complaints
Most collection agencies have numerous complaints filed against them with the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB) and the Better Business Bureau (BBB). Most consumer complaints are about inaccurate reporting, harassment, or failure to verify a debt. If you find yourself facing any of these situations with a debt collection agency, you should also consider filing a complaint.
You have many consumer rights under the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA) and the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (FDCPA). Lexington Law knows that you have rights, and RJM Acquisitions does too.
Your Rights When Dealing with RJM Acquisitions
Debt collectors must abide by state and federal laws in the United States. For example, the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act prohibits a debt collector from using abusive, unfair, or deceptive practices. In addition, the FDCPA provides you with many rights to ensure that collection agencies don’t take advantage of you. In particular:
- It is a violation of federal law for RJM Acquisitions to report inaccurate or incomplete information on your credit report.
- You have a legal right to request debt validation on an alleged debt. Send the collection agency a debt validation letter. By law, they have 30 days to prove to you that the debt is really yours and the total amount is accurate.
- RJM Acquisitions may not threaten or harass you, call you repeatedly, swear at you, or publicly publish a list of debtors.
- RJM Acquisitions must be honest about who they are and what they are attempting to do. They must notify you that they are a collection agency both orally and in writing.
- RJM Acquisitions cannot threaten to have you arrested, and they are not allowed to threaten to take legal action if they have no intention of doing so.
Remove RJM Acquisitions From Your Credit Report Today!
Lexington Law Firm specializes in disputing RJM Acquisitions accounts. They have over 18 years of experience and have removed over 7 million negative items for their clients in 2020 alone.
If you’re looking for a reputable company to help you with collection accounts and repair your credit, consider working with Lexington Law.
You can give them a call at (800) 220-0084 for a free credit consultation. They have helped many people in your situation and have paralegals standing by waiting to take your call.
Here’s a list of some of the nation’s most popular debt collectors that cause damage to your credit.
- 11 Charter Communications
- Aargon Agency, Inc.
- Ad Astra Recovery Services
- Afni Collections
- Account Resolution Services
- CACH LLC
- Capio Partners
- Cavalry Portfolio Services
- Cavalry SPV I LLC
- CBE Group
- CCS Offices
- CMRE Financial Services
- Commonwealth Financial Systems
- Convergent Outsourcing
- Credence Resource Management
- Credit Collection Services
- Diversified Consultants
- Dynamic Recovery Solutions
- Enhanced Recovery Company
- EOS CCA
- GC Services
- Global Credit and Collection Corp
- Global Crossing Local Services
- Harris & Harris
- Healthcare Revenue Recovery Group
- Hunter Warfield
- IC System
- IQ Data International
- Jefferson Capital Systems
- LVNV Funding LLC
- McCarthy, Burgess & Wolff
- Midland Credit Management
- MiraMed Revenue Group
- MRS Associates
- MRS BPO LLC
- National Credit Systems
- Nationwide Recovery Service
- Northland Group
- Penn Credit
- Phoenix Financial Services
- PMAB LLC
- Portfolio Recovery Associates
- Reliant Capital Solutions
- Revenue Group
- Southwest Credit Systems
- Sprint Collections
- Transworld Systems
- USCB America
- Verizon Collections
- Wakefield and Associates