Who is Westlake Financial Services?
Westlake Financial Services is the largest privately-held finance company in the United States. They offer a wide variety of financial solutions to automobile dealers and consumers nationwide, making car ownership a reality for many individuals.
If you fail to make payments on your auto loan, Westlake Financial Services might appear on their credit report as a collections account.
How can I remove Westlake Financial Services from my credit report?
Collections can hurt your credit score and remain on your credit report for up to seven years regardless of whether you pay it or not. Unfortunately, paying the collection could even lower your credit score.
However, it is possible to remove a collection account from your credit history before seven years.
(While debt collectors may not want this information to be widely known, it’s your right to be informed.)
Ready to Raise Your Credit Score?
Learn how credit repair professionals can assist you in disputing inaccuracies on your credit report.
Professional credit repair services work with people who want to get their credit back on track.
In addition to collections, they can help you to challenge other inaccurate, unfair, or unsubstantiated information on your credit report. These items include inquiries, late payments, charge-offs, foreclosures, repossessions, bankruptcies, and more.
Get started on the path to better credit today: Fill out the form for a free credit consultation.
Westlake Financial Services Contact Information
Westlake Financial Services
4751 Wilshire Blvd Ste 100
Los Angeles, CA 90010
Phone number: (888) 893-7937
Should I contact or pay Westlake Financial?
It’s best to avoid speaking to a collection agency on the phone. And making payments on the debt will reset the clock. As a result, it could harm your credit rather than improve it. However, sometimes it’s better just to pay the collection account, especially if it’s new, and you’re certain that it’s legit.
The most effective way to deal with Westlake Financial is to work with a credit repair professional. They help remove millions of negative items every year from companies like Westlake Financial on behalf of their clients.
Will Westlake Financial sue me or garnish my wages?
Westlake Financial Services can resort to legal measures such as filing a lawsuit or garnishing wages if a debtor fails to repay their auto loan. If they win a lawsuit, they may obtain a judgment from the court which could potentially lead to wage garnishment or other means of recovery. The specific actions they will take can depend on a variety of factors, including the size of the debt, the debtor’s financial situation, and local regulations.
Westlake Financial Services Complaints
Most collection agencies have numerous complaints filed against them with the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB) and the Better Business Bureau (BBB). Most consumer complaints are about inaccurate reporting, harassment, or failure to verify a debt. If a debt collector is harassing you, you may want to consider filing a complaint.
You have many consumer rights under the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA) and the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (FDCPA). These rights include the ability to dispute credit reporting errors and to be treated fairly and respectfully by debt collectors.
Your Rights When Dealing with Westlake Financial Services
Debt collectors must abide by state and federal laws in the United States. For example, the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act prohibits a debt collector from using abusive, unfair, or deceptive practices. In addition, the FDCPA provides you with many rights to ensure that collection agencies don’t take advantage of you. In particular:
- It is a violation of federal law for Westlake Financial Services to report inaccurate or incomplete information about you.
- You have a legal right to request debt validation on an alleged debt. Send the collection agency a debt validation letter. By law, they have 30 days to prove to you that the debt is really yours and the total amount is accurate.
- Westlake Financial may not threaten or harass you, call you repeatedly, swear at you, or publicly publish a list of debtors.
- Westlake Financial must be honest about who they are and what they are attempting to do. They must notify you that they are a debt collection agency both orally and in writing.
- Westlake Financial cannot threaten to have you arrested or imprisoned over unpaid debts.
Remove Westlake Financial Services From Your Credit Report Today!
Credit Saint can assist you in disputing Westlake Financial Services accounts. With years of experience at their disposal, these professionals have a proven track record of effectively removing incorrect entries for countless clients.
If you’re tired of dealing with debt collectors and want to improve your credit, consider working with a trusted credit repair company.
Ready to Repair Your Credit?
Learn how to get help disputing errors on your credit report that could be hurting your credit score.
Here’s a list of some of the nation’s most popular debt collectors that cause damage to your credit.
- 11 Charter Communications
- Aargon Agency, Inc.
- Ad Astra Recovery Services
- Afni Collections
- Account Resolution Services
- CACH LLC
- Capio Partners
- Cavalry Portfolio Services
- Cavalry SPV I LLC
- CBE Group
- CCS Offices
- CMRE Financial Services
- Commonwealth Financial Systems
- Convergent Outsourcing
- Credence Resource Management
- Credit Collection Services
- Diversified Consultants
- Dynamic Recovery Solutions
- Enhanced Recovery Company
- EOS CCA
- GC Services
- Global Credit and Collection Corp
- Harris & Harris
- Healthcare Revenue Recovery Group
- Hunter Warfield
- IC System
- IQ Data International
- Jefferson Capital Systems
- LVNV Funding LLC
- McCarthy, Burgess & Wolff
- Midland Credit Management
- MiraMed Revenue Group
- MRS Associates
- MRS BPO LLC
- National Credit Systems
- Nationwide Recovery Service
- Northland Group
- Penn Credit
- Phoenix Financial Services
- PMAB LLC
- Portfolio Recovery Associates
- Reliant Capital Solutions
- Revenue Group
- Southwest Credit Systems
- Sprint Collections
- Transworld Systems
- USCB America
- Verizon Collections
- Wakefield and Associates